Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Warrior




 The good news is the boys came in second in the tournament.  The bad news is I had to do the yard clean up all alone.  My husband and son spent 16 hours on the baseball field this weekend.  My daughter and I spent 3  hours on the softball field.  She split her wins down the middle.  Sunday rolled around and conquered the yard in full force...all alone.  There are seven trash bags full of yard waste and my back is aching. I am ready for Monday...back to the studio!


More sweet embroidery I have cooking in my casserole.  


This time it looks like a pillow is in order.  Feed sack and tea towel.  I have all the ingredients I need to start.  Now I just have to finish my apron first...I will have pictures tomorrow.

7 comments:

donna said...

You where a busy girl this weekend. Tomorrow will be a better day. Can not wait to see what you have cooking in your casserole.
Hugs
donna

Musings from Kim K. said...

Thank you for my evening fix. I've been wondering how the weekend sports managed with your sewing. Sounds like a nice bubble bath is in order with all the outdoor work.

Sweet dreams. Can't wait to see all your latest projects.

Unknown said...

Oh-Oh...I can't wait to see the apron and the pillow!!!!! :) Sandy

GardenOfDaisies said...

Congrats to your sons!! DH and I spent the last two days clearing out the gardens, raking leaves, cutting down weed trees (until I broke the clipper) organizing the garage, etc.. But we still have another day of hard labor to go.... we haven't even gotten to the side yards yet.

Jane said...

Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished apron!
Jane-Jacksonville

laurie -magpie ethel said...

It does feel good to get your yard all nice and tidy huh? Rest those weary bones in the studio today doing some sewing magic!

16 hours at the baseball field? YIKES!

Carrie P. said...

Hi Renee,
I am new to your blog and have been enjoying reading some of your post. I just love all your vintage finds. I will be adding your blog to my list.
And signing up my email address to get the newest posts.