If the amount of thread on the floor is any indication as to how much you've sewn...I should have a lot more to show here. There were a lot of ripped seams today. That's okay, it usually means I figured something out. After a nice afternoon in my studio I was happy with my progress and the changes I made. Here are a few more pictures.
Even though I had to off center the diamond embroidery to include the cup I am pretty happy with the outcome. The seams at the shoulders have worn on me. There were multiple attempts to make them line up. I finally had to move on and let it go...
To the back...On the original it was sewn together. I just couldn't commit to going over the head to get in or out of the apron. Hence the button and elastic cord closure.
Loads of ruffles. This is just the beginning. I need to add another layer still. Mind you these are cinched up way too tight for now. Tomorrow I hope to finish the skirt bottom. Then its off to the waist and tie. I am taking my time to make sure that I make all the corrections that I wanted to make on the first one. The sun is set to come out tomorrow!