Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Estate Sale...Finally!


Apparently it is never going to be Spring....the sun is stuck behind the clouds and the buds on my trees look like they are too afraid to come out.  We have two tournaments this weekend.  One softball and one baseball, please tell me I won't have to watch from the confines of the car?  I love to sit and stitch from the side of the field, but I can't stitch with gloves on!    On the brighter side of those grey clouds, I hit an estate sale and found a few goodies...


Linens are my favorite and there were only a few to be had.  The trim was just divine.  Sweet little butter plate and a Shawnee planter with the prettiest of colors.  The Horticulturalist in me loves these tin children's watering cans.  Fairies in Ohio Art...yum.


Another great gingham apron.  I am smitten with these rick rack stitching details.  I have plans for reconstruction of these beauties.


A baby pillow cover, stitched like no other.  Can you just imagine receiving this as a baby gift?

It was so nice to get out to an estate sale and hunt for treasures.
  Such a fun time to see all the old stuff.  Just a few treasures came home with me.
  All in the Spring colors that keep alluding my garden.  I am excited that the estate sale season is getting back in full swing and hopeful that I will see warmer weather at some point.   My front porch is itching for a Spring makeover and I am ready to get dirty.  Right after those tournaments!

11 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love ending my evening with your blog and seeing your fun finds. Your linens are lovely. I have yet to find a tin watering can at a decent price at my favorite haunts. That planter looks very similar to one that my grandmother had. I don't envy your outdoor tournaments with brisk spring weather. We hit 45 degrees today. It was a heat wave!! Come on SPRING!!

Jayna Rae said...

I love the watering can too!!! It is sooo adorable. That pillow case would be an AMAZING gift. Almost 2 years ago a picked up two vintage rattles for my Bestie. She loved them.

Laura said...

What lovely finds! The watering can is so sweet, and we just love that apron! That baby pillow cover is just so darling, you can tell someone stitched that with much love!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Glad you found an estate sale! I was out puttering around today in the yard...too wet to do much, but just rearranged pots and cleaned up a bit...felt good! Spring will be here soon.

Love, love the watering can!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

when i finally move to NC i am going to come and ask you for all your Estate sale secrets my dear!! :)

Diane Mars said...

Renee, thank you for taking the time to stop by and I do appreciate all the advice and ideas from all my Blogging friends, I do think things are still tight for a lot of us, I know spending money on Etsy is one of the last things woman are doing these days. With gas prices at $4.00 a gallon ouch!
But yes in the Boutiques and Antique malls things do move better these days. I sure do love your treasures the tin watering can is my favorite! I have a shovel but it's pretty rusty. oxox, Diane

Tammy said...

I was just looking at YET another frost cover on the car this morning and wondering when it will EVER warm up here in Michigan too. I stopped at an estate sale this past weekend, but, even on the last day, everything was still what I call "antique priced!" Way too high! So sad for me. But, nothing really caught my eye anyway. All of these are treasures indeed. I just think we don't have as much good "stuff" up here! LOL

★Carol★ said...

Oh my goodness, you found some amazing things! That watering can! What a find, and that planter screams SPRING, even though the weather does not! There's a chance of snow here tonight and tomorrow. Yuck!

katie jean said...

You found a ton of fantastic things! I love the Ohio Art watering can. And then I saw the large planter. It is gorgeous. I would do a silent squeal if I saw these things, ready to buy and take home.

Elyse said...

what a sweet blog you have! adorable vintage finds, too. love the watering can!

xo
elyse

The Star Gal said...

Renee,
That tablecloth is gorgeous! I'm just a little envious. :-) I discovered your blog a couple of months ago, and I look forward every day to seeing your colorful artwork and blog posts. Thank you for bringing a smile into my day.
Gloria in Roanoke, VA