Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Stitching with the Wind!


Happy to be stitching again.  This time I joined a stitch along with an online shop in Australia.  For one bundle price you were offered over a week multiple stitching projects.  It didn't hurt that my favorite stitching designer Janelle Wind was involved.  This is just one of the projects I am going to do out of the stitch along series.


It was exciting to fill my casseroles with new project pieces.   Equally exciting to empty them I might add.  The pattern is Orange Blossom by Janelle Wind.  It is a sweet little table runner with lots of potential for many spots in my studio.  Of course it will be reversible too.  


I haven't quite gotten the hang of the tuck method of embroidery so I went back to the method I like of heat and bond.  I have a thing about clean edges. 


Multiple mistakes in the past have helped me realize it is easier to number my pieces in a grid for placement.  Another fall back is to take a picture.  The numbers are faster though,


This fabric by Moda, Dream On is growing on me.  At first it appeared very 70's.  In fact one of the pieces looks like a sheet set I recall having.  However it really is bright and sunny.


Layout complete....let the stitching begin!

Thank you all for your sweet comments and support.
  I love them.  
It is so nice to know that something you love is appreciated.
I am linking this up to Very Merry Vintage Styles lovely Share the Love party. 
Take a peek to see everyones lovelies.

10 comments:

retrorevival.biz said...

Oh my, Renee! This is so pretty. Love the happy colors!
~Cindy

Into Vintage said...

I smiled because I take pics too of anything I'm sewing that's in pieces. Seems things get blown around a little easily in my house. :-)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such cheerful colors. Yellow is always a favorite of mine. I'll be sure to share this post with my Mom. Happy Tuesday!

Becca said...

I love the fabric. I use yards and yards of heat and bond, makes everything easier.

donna said...

I love the colors you are using. Can not wait to see it finished.
Hugs
donna

Hearts Turned said...

It's so charmingly adorable, Renee! Very 70's inspired, isn't it?! I love how sunshiny and happy it is--it will be difficult to feel down when that's on display in your home! Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Julie--A Vintage Chic

fee @ chipper nelly said...

Hey Renee - just had a lovely little catch up (/holiday washing avoidance)
70's fabric - love
CK gifts - always worth the wait
teeny tiny aprons - adorable
strawberries - yum (home grown??? amazing)
caught up...check
fee ♥

Nan said...

great color combos there Renee. I'm a heat and bond type myself having done very little of this. Looks like your project is coming along so well with your talent it can't fail!

very merry vintage style said...

Such bright and happy colors. Can't wait to see the finished product! Thanks for linking this post to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

A Few Pennies said...

Sweet fabrics--love the sunny, summery colors!