Saturday, December 10, 2011

Happy Homemaker Tag Along Ends...


Elizabeth said it would go by quick and that it did.  Twelve dangling tags all in nursery rhyme theme hang above my bulletin board.  They remind me of persistence, friendship, and all the vintage images that inspire my daily work. 


These are my final two installments in the Happy Homemaker tag along.



November finds us warmed over a stove full of holiday food.  Most often a pie or two.  Something my Little Jack Horner knows all about.  


With just a touch of paper left to add detail Jack is mostly on his own.  Vintage buttons and dark violet millinery brighten up the tag top.


There it is...I knew he left his horn somewhere!


December leaves me dreaming if Mother Goose really did spend time with Santa Clause as they are ever so much alike.


I was on the fence about this image.  You see Frosty was such an easy sell but when I found Mother Goose and Santa complete with poinsettia hat pin and goose jingle bell collar I knew it was a must.  


For now I close the lid on my sweet tag box.  Lucky it is full to the brim.


And send it off to its new owner...Miss Betty.  Rather than wallow in the sadness that this project is over I will relish in my accomplishment and wipe the sweat from my brow and run straight for the next one...hmmm...fabric or paper?

11 comments:

Ruby Jean said...

Oh how LOVELY and Sad at the same time.... They are all so very adorable... Even the box they are now stored in

donna said...

You make the sweetest tags. Betty is a lucky girl. You are very talented. As for fabric or paper I say do both.
Hugs
donna

Into Vintage said...

Fun to see your ideas in a medium I know nothing about. It looks pretty addictive...

busymartha said...

Renee, everyone of those tags are adorable. Sad to see them go, I'm sure Miss Betty will love them! Hugs, Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I love your tags, Renee! They are always as sweet as can be!

One day, I WILL figure my printer out! Maybe after I'm done with mennopause. Ha-ha!

Love the tin you pictured, too.

Did you see my new hutch yet? ♥

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such lovely tags...as usual. Delightful embellishments add the perfect touch.

Unknown said...

Betty is one lucky lady!!!! I would love a set of these!!!! They would be up in my craft room too! Your tags are just too cute!

Nan said...

Well that took a lot of persistence as you did the Christmas tag exchange too. I pooped out on this one a long time back and I wondered how many did do it besides you do you know?

Angela said...

Darling tags - love those vintage images so much! I really wanted to join in but I was much too late. Hopefully there will be more tag swaps out there again someday. Have a merry Christmas!

SLR said...

They are so adorable, each and everyone! There just is nothing like a cute vintage illustration!!

Kathy said...

Delightful tags! Santa and Mother Goose gave me a giggle. 8+)