Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother Goose Rhymes---Part II


Mother Goose Rhymes
(the second half of the book)
Copyright 1943
The Saalfield Publishing Co.


Uh oh, I have naturally curly hair but I don't think I was ever horrid?


I love this Little Maiden poem. 


A row of sun faced flowers.


Not an inch on this page was spared.


An image I would never tire of.


This Thursday child has far to go...


I knew there were more lines to this poem...so sweet.


The schedule I am keeping in May has me late to the party. I think Corey will let me in anyway. Follow me over and see the other Lil' Vintage Story Books.



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a darling little book filled with nursery rhymes. Love the olden art in these books. What a sweet blog you have and I'm one of your newest followers.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Musings from Kim K. said...

I never joined the party this week but I'm glad you were able to share this lovely book with us. I especially love the little girl with the curl.

Corey said...

Sure, you can always join late- your books are always worth it!! This is another sweet one- love the little sunflowers and Mary and her lamb!

vintage grey said...

So sweet! Love the sunflowers!! The little girl rhyme is funny, and she is not bad, but horrid! Oh, my!! ;) xo Heather

Chenille Cottage said...

Adorable, sweet Renee! These sweet little tales put a smile on my face! I will be seeing my two little grandbabies in a few weeks and nothing would thrill me more than sitting down and reading nursery rhymes to them!
Hugzzzzzz,
Carolynn. xoxo

Perfectly Printed said...

I love the sunflower girls!!! What sweet graphics!

chris

vivian said...

sweet!! we used to have a similar book... where are all those books!? I need to start collecting them again for the babies!
have a great week Renee
xoxo

Kathy said...

I love the Monday's child poem! My children were born on Tuesday and Saturday and it's kind of amazing how true that little poem is!

busymartha said...

Love these images Renee! Thanks so much for sharing them. Maybe my next album idea?

GardenOfDaisies said...

Such cute illustrations! And uh... let me just say that I have a daughter with curly hair who is now 23. But I'm not sure how we lived through year 18. And I'll leave it at that.

★Carol★ said...

Look at those flower faces!!! I don't know about you, but I think I would have a hard time putting this book down. SO charming!