It seemed like a good idea last year. To toss out the old garland that had seen better days. What I didn't realize how much work crafting a new garland or two would be. I might want to rethink those impromptu decisions next time. The above image is from one of my favorites...Elizabeth of Creative Breathing.
I found this vintage tablecloth at some point this past year. It reminds me of barkcloth fabric. Off I went ripping it into 5 inch strips along the width of the fabric.
A running stitch to gather it along the midpoint of the fabric and load it all on a heavy string. It took quite a bit of fabric but the muddy colors look great hung on the stone side of the fireplace in the kitchen.
On the other side of the fireplace is our living room. More formal and the room we spend the most time in. After hanging as many vintage ornaments as I could on my tinsel tree I was overwhelmed by the amount of Shiny Brites I had left. Off I went to Pinterest to figure out what to do with them.
After three tries on string, I ended up with a mono-filament fishing line in the end. Now before I go any further...you must hot glue every single top on these ornaments. I will spare you the gory details of shattered beauty now filling my trash bin. Varying sizes of ornaments worked great.
3M clips hold the garland in place. It was way to heavy to have a single swag. It is worth every single restring and hot glue stick.
A Georgia Peachez wreath hangs above the mantle. I do believe I might have a small hoard of vintage ornaments. Several bins later I realize I can leave an ornament behind now. Unless it is and indent...or a di-o-rama or a stenciled Shiny Brite...