Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Poinsettia Pin

I have been itching to get back into my felt stash.   It is such a forgiving fabric/craft to work with. I haven't been able to find a good poinsettia pattern to follow so I went with a dahlia pattern out of one of my favorite books Sewing Bits and Pieces by Sandi Henderson.  I added my twist and and a couple of extras.  I have a feeling my daughters going to snitch this one from me.


I chose some great complimentary colors and started cutting my pieces.


I sewed my pieces with the ends folded over onto one strand of (3) embroidery floss.

I added another layer of petals just off center from the first in a complimentary color on top of the base and gathered them tighter to be right inside the base layer.

Leaves and and base sewed the layers up and held them secure.
I added a pin back and 2 out of the 3 leaves.   It just didn't look right with the 3.   Not quite done yet...


A vintage button stack in the grey green and sunny yellow rounded it out and made it mine.  Because my favorite fashion is a cardigan,  these are great additions to my wardrobe.
Now, if I can just keep my daughter out of my closet!  
Enjoy...

No comments: