Sunday, May 1, 2011

Violets and Gum Drops


A few weeks back I was lucky enough to find a salesman sample size dresser.  It stands about 2 feet tall by 18 inches wide and is about 12 inches deep.  Clearly it had been used and abused over the years and had multiple layers of paint.  My first attempt at painting brought about dismal results.  I ended up starting all over.  Sanding and painting again.


I can only imagine the number of years little hands pulled on these drawers.   What did she put in the drawers?  Oh the goodies I can put in them now.
Just a little clean up.


This sweet color is new to me.  On a recent trip to the paint store I found this color Gum Drop by Krylon.  Two coats later...


Some light sanding and a few delicate (homemade) decals, made this dresser picture perfect.


When I sanded it,  the pale yellow peeked out beautifully.


The knobs were given a coat of bronze.   Just a sweet piece to put in the studio and keep all kinds of great craft supplies in.  This means a whole bunch of rearranging.  Love it!


9 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm loving that soft color and the decals are so sweet. Beautiful makeover. I can't wait to see how you display it in your special room.

Hearts Turned said...

So beautiful, Renee--it looks absolutely loved!

Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday...

Julie

Nan said...

Wow Renee this is a wonderful transformation you made here. I know you will enjoy this.

★Carol★ said...

I never would have guessed that you would pick that color, but it's so obviously the right choice! Love the decals and the peaks of yellow!

GardenOfDaisies said...

C.U.T.E!!! Love the color and the violet decals!

Anonymous said...

Eeeks! So cute! great job! Home made decals? I'm wanting to make my own some day but I'm still trying to learn how to resize things to print! I'm slow to learn! ♥

kluless said...

It turned out beautiful! Homemade decals?? How did you do that??

donna said...

Oh WOW what a wonderful job you did. The purple is perfect. I use that same color of Krylon. Love love it. And handmade decals how did you do that?
Hugs
donna

Miss Holly said...

Oh my God,,,,I can not believe how this turned out ...it looks wonderful..well done you!