Monday, February 28, 2011

1..2..3...IRMI!


Out and about today running errands, I made a point to stop at two little thrift stores.  Not much to be seen.  It feels to me like the stores are being stocked with more and more mass merchandise with UPC codes instead of the good vintage items that I love.  With the estate sale season not quite in full swing I am feeling the pinch of finding the goodies.  Anyway...I didn't expect much.  I popped in and found not 1, not 2, but 3 IRMI lamps....


Pristine Parade of Boys from the early 1970's.


Happy Humpty Dumpty with his felt bow tie.
These were two for $25.00.  I reasoned it to $12.50 each.  
Not a paint chip on them and in working condition.


Noah's Ark Awesomeness with all the pieces on it!  This one was a bargain at $5.00.
I just need to add some lamp shades and trim.  Hmm...and maybe a new bookcase for my ever growing collection.  Just when you think that your luck has run out...you too might get lucky.  
Now I know that you all might be growing tired of my lamp posts. Hah!  I promise to come up with something different.  Luck just happen to strike 3 times today.

9 comments:

Mary said...

I also dislike going into a thrift store and see NEW merchandise. I may as well go to Target, Wal-mart, heck go to the Mall. I become so frustrated when a shop begins slipping into new items and by that I mean UPC codes. It's rare I'll return for months to their store.

But onto sweeter things, your wonderful treasures you bought. OH my they are the cutest. I can't wait to see them once they have their new shades and you have them displayed. Don't forget to show us!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

HOLY COW...what a score...not once, not twice but three times! Perfect finds to make your day!

Unknown said...

WOW...Renee...how come you get all the goodies??? LOL LOL I have the Humpty Dumpty Lamp in reds and blues....he was a bargain too! Way to go! :):) I wish my thrift store had these kinds of deals....:)

Musings from Kim K. said...

You lucky lucky girl. I've never seen IRMI lamps at my favorite haunts. Good for you!

Nan said...

Wow I can say I have never seen an Irmi in any shop. I live in the wrong part of the country for vintage shopping.

Into Vintage said...

Lucky you! The only Irmi I've ever come across was a switchplate cover which pales in comparison to three lamps on the same day! Please send some thrifting luck out west :-)

katie jean said...

these are fantastic! I have 2 of my own. One that has a boy and girl on a see saw that can go up and down. I don't know if they're IRMI, but love them just the same. And I think a bookshelf for your collection would be adorable!

A Bee In My Bonnet - Leslie Anne said...

I was just looking at the same exact things on eBay today, and saw the first 2 in your pics there. You definitely got a bargain! Lucky you!

Free Pretty Things For You said...

omgosh!! IM SO excited for you!! Cant wait to see what you make with you new pretty fabric!!!
I have exciting news too!! http://shabbyblogsblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/free-pretty-things-for-you.html
Ill post about it soon!
xoxoxo!
Keren