Monday, September 12, 2011

Cupboards and Folds...

 It has been one of those weekends where I still feel like it's Friday and I need a weekend for a break...Go go and then go some more.  There are so many things on the calendar this week I can hardly read the appointments.  They have all run together....


Remember when I brought this dismal cupboard home...I have happily marked this off the list...complete.


I am in love with this vintage wallpaper and how it mimics the arch on the top of the cupboard.


My frustration grows daily over not having enough time to create.  Half of the issue is rearranging all the wonderful trinkets and storage in my room.  I get so excited to add the smallest of items.  It often creates and entire room redo.


Loads of fabric fit in this cabinet.  All of my vintage fabric in one spot. Pulling linens out of tins and drawers I had forgotten so many of them.  All the fat quarters are at eye level for inspiration.  Patterns fit nicely in fabric cubbies I had made.


Top shelf has to be folded onto my boards still.  I can only do so much in a day...


The best part is the amount of space it freed up in my locker cabinet.  This now holds all my yardage of new fabric.  Looks like I need to get shopping...Ha!  That will have to wait until another week with my tight schedule.

18 comments:

donna said...

Renee your cabinet turned out great. The wallpaper is so cute. You really have a good eye. Your locker is so neat I love it for fabric. You know there is always room for more piece of fabric. (hehe)
Hugs
donna

Naomi~ said...

The cupboard came out perfect! With how wonderful everything looks organized inside, it's clear that you and the cupboard were meant to be!

Bethany said...

Hi! I'm a new follower and I love your blog! so fun!
Your cabinet came out great!

Mecky said...

The cabinet is wonderful! Great idea to hold your fabric!!

GardenOfDaisies said...

Love the cabinet redo! That wallpaper really is perfect for your room.

Kathy said...

Beautiful rescue and perfect inspiration - Love it!!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

dontcha love when you get something that takes care of so many storage issues? Perfect and CUTE...

Unknown said...

I for one love when you reorganize! And your September tag - absolutely cute as can be! My blog to be shares a talented friend talented friend with yours. I am so very excited! Elizabeth

Musings from Kim K. said...

A definite winner! That cupboard is just charming especially with the dainty wallpaper. I love peeking at all your gorgeous fabrics. Best wishes with all your obligations this week.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

The cabinet is awesome loaded with your vintage linens and such! One can never have too many linens! LOL!
Your Tag Along is also awesome!!!
Deb :)

Anonymous said...

The new cabniet is perfect closed AND opened! Great job!

Love your little fishermen, too! So cute!

Come by for Dotty Hop Day! ♥

Sarah said...

Love that wallpaper. This cabinet is a lot like my cabinet that Dave said I shouldn't buy! LOL (I ended up using the chalkboard paint in the panels of mine, I couldn't decide between wallpaper and paint.)

Anonymous said...

Love the cabinet...and, oh, look how the Eskimo fan wire echoes the darling vintage wallpaper!

Nan said...

The cabinet is just lovely and I like how you have arranged all your vintage fabrics in there very handy isn't it.

Anonymous said...

Love that new storage!

Carly said...

Hi Renee!
Your cabinet looks amazing! So sweet! And all your goodies inside, so fun!
Carly

SLR said...

adore your cupboards...i need some for my fabrics and bits and bobs too! i'm on the lookout for some now, you have inspired me! happy to have found your blog, i love love love it and am following now!!
:)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Renee, what pattern did you use to make your fabric pattern bins? Did you use interfacing of some sort that helps them stand up?